Public Relations Account Director – Consumer Lifestyle
Location: New York City or Norwalk, CT (preferred); Remote (optional)
ICR, the fastest growing communications firm in the U.S. (O’Dwyers), is seeking an Account Director to join its consumer lifestyle practice, the ICR Lifestyle Lab (http://www.icrlifestylelab.com).
This role works closely with senior level managers to provide superior consumer media relations, campaign and event support for an exciting range of public and private clients in the lifestyle, heath and wellness, retail and restaurant sectors, among others. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple accounts, serving as a primary client counselor and project manager, ensuring the trains stay on the track (and on time), while also having a hand in developing and executing outside-the-box, strategic communications plans that exceed client expectations and command results. And having plenty of fun along the way.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned account manager with expertise in strategic planning and project management, campaign and event execution, overseeing media material development and creating and delivering presentations. He or she must be passionate about media and influencer relations and excel in a team environment where management and junior staff work hand-in-hand to achieve outstanding results.
- Play an active role in the research, planning and development of original, creative and often record-breaking strategic consumer lifestyle communications programs.
- Serve as a primary, day-to-day client contact and provide strong counsel on tactical matters, often anticipating client needs to ensure all accounts are on-target with each clients’ respective business objectives.
- Project manage multiple campaigns with and on behalf of high-profile client(s), ensuring seamless integration internally and solid execution from start to finish.
- Drive execution of communication strategy, including aggressive pitching of consumer, lifestyle and industry media, securing high-impact placements on a regular basis.
- Maintain and continually develop strong relationships with consumer, lifestyle and industry media and influencers; exhibit solid team leadership, ensuring the team continues to drive results for clients.
- Manage and mentor junior staff on a regular basis; facilitate teamwork and learning opportunities, reviewing materials drafted by junior staffers, supervising media reporting and monitoring and regularly providing constructive feedback.
- Develop client content, including press releases, media pitches and select digital content.
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and develop strategies in order to effectively promote specific campaigns, events and other brand building programs.
- Maintain active involvement with new business efforts, including playing an active role in pitches and the drafting of pitch and proposal materials.
- 5 – 7+ years of relevant agency or consumer PR experience, showing proven editorial placements in and knowledge of lifestyle media. Large agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage clients and accounts, including managing junior staff, client issues, budgets, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively pitch and anticipate client needs.
- Ability to synthesize information, set and execute on strategic and tactical objectives, leading a team to project management success.
- Strong media relations experience, understanding the importance of developing relationships with key consumer and lifestyle media and influencers and regularly securing top-tier placements for clients.
- Strong writing skills and experience developing compelling pitches.
- Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Creative and energetic personality.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
- General consumer background experience, knowledge of the lifestyle, health and wellness, retail and/or restaurant industries preferred (but not required).
- S/B.A in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or related field preferred.
About the ICR Lifestyle Lab
The Lifestyle Lab is a group of happy agitators, passionate storytellers, media freaks and content geeks operating deep within ICR, one of the world’s most successful strategic communications consultancies. We conceive communications programs for consumer-facing companies across myriad of verticals – from restaurants, omnichannel retail and consumer packaged goods to entertainment, hospitality, travel, home, consumer technology and not-for-profit – that create connections between our clients and their targets that measurably lead to increased brand awareness, heightened reputations and longstanding loyalty. www.icrlifestylelab.com
Compensation Range: $100,000 – $120,000