ICR, one of the most highly-regarded Strategic Communications firms, is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill an entry level, Investor Relations Associate position on our ESG team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries to assist companies to better understand and develop solutions to respond to the complex and evolving policy, regulatory, and business environment risks and opportunities associated with ESG, corporate governance/proxy, and shareholder activism, among others
- Review/analyze corporate activities and provide recommendations to enhance their ESG strategy, methods, frameworks, and related tools to support clients in developing and achieving their ESG objectives
- Assist with the execution, review and development of ESG programs and related reporting, including materiality assessments, peer benchmarking, stakeholder engagement, gap analysis, metric/KPI identification (in alignment with common /ESG reporting standards), and the preparation of reporting (internal and external materials)
- Assist with material creation and project management related to ESG reports, proxy-related projects and shareholder outreach (e.g., director elections, Say-on-Pay, contested situations and shareholder activism)
- Provide project management support covering proposal drafting, project timeline maintenance, invoicing and accounts receivable
- Maintain accurate records, safeguarding the confidentiality of client information
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum one year of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, financial services firm, ESG rating agency, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG or climate services focus, preferably with demonstrated ESG and/or climate knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with disclosure and filing materials associated with ESG, proxy, and proxy contest/activist situations, including ESG reports, proxy statements, press releases and “fight letters” during proxy fights, governance and shareholding filings
- Knowledge of sustainability frameworks and standards, such as Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) (experience working with frameworks a plus), UN Sustainable Development Goals, CDP, GRI, and GRESB among others.
- Subject-matter knowledge across Sustainability / ESG management, reporting and transparency, and risk management (demonstrated expertise in one or more topic areas, such as climate risk assessment, a plus)
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong research and analytical skills
- Continued willingness to learn
- Degree in Economics, Sustainability, Business, Political Science, International Relations, Environmental Engineering, Climate Science, Physical Sciences, or related with evidence of relevant course work/study preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Compensation Range: $60,000 – $75,000