ESG Advisory & Shareholder Activism
ICR ESG Advisory and Shareholder Activism, a unique specialist advisory group within ICR that provides end-to-end environmental, social, and governance (ESG) solutions and strategic shareholder advisory services, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Associate/Account Supervisor/Vice President to join our fast-growing team.
The primary role is to make direct contributions on client deliverables and engagements in a fast-paced and fluid environment centered around ESG and sustainability reporting, strategy, and shareholder advisory services. The projects entail advising clients on the development, implementation, and disclosures of their strategic ESG and corporate governance practices and programs.
The primary responsibilities include:
· Prepare client-ready deliverables including sustainability/ESG reports, materiality assessments, presentations, and excerpts for SEC filings.
· Conduct gap analyses of ESG-related policies, programs, and key performance indicators and metrics.
· Coordinate and liase with client subject matter experts to collect relevant information on ESG and corporate governance matters.
· Manage the collection, validation, calculation, and aggregation of data.
· Facilitate research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning and goal/target setting.
· Outline, develop and write ESG report content based on the data collection, research and client interviews.
· Manage client accounts and business development efforts, including proposals and budgets.
· Manage and support day-to-day client engagements, including the development and management of timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
· Collaborate with internal teams, including ICR Branding + Creative, on shared projects and client relationships.
· Monitor and research relevant industry developments, frameworks, and best practices to incorporate into client deliverables and new service offerings.
· Be a subject matter expert on sustainability and ESG-related topics.
· Bachelors degree required
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required
· 2+ years of relevant client-facing work experience in ESG preferred
· Knowledge of ESG, impact investing, and/or corporate governance/proxy issues
· Demonstrated experience writing, editing, and producing reports
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Expertise with research platforms (Bloomberg Terminal, FactSet, Proxy Insight, etc.)
· New York, NY area, preferred