Westwicke, the largest healthcare investor relations consultancy in the country and ICR, a leading full-service communications firm is looking for a highly motivated Investor Relations Managing Director to join their Healthcare team. ICR and Westwicke provide integrated communications services and independent capital markets advice to small and mid-cap companies in the life sciences, healthcare services, healthcare information technology, medical technology and diagnostics sectors.
- Join the Life Science Tools / Diagnostics / Medical practice to build an investor relations client base
- Create IR – focused communications strategy and messaging for clients
- Develop and execute tactical components to ensure achievement of all investor relations goals
- Maintain a strong understanding of client business and strategy, economic models, financial results, industry trends, and operational developments
- Manage production of all financial communications collateral, including financial news and earnings releases, conference call scripts, investor presentations, IR website content, letters to shareholders and investor fact sheets
- Develop and manage relationships with current key analysts and institutional investors
- Build new relationships with potential analysts and institutional investors
- Keep clients abreast of Wall Street expectations, investor questions, industry conferences, competitor developments, and trading activity
- A minimum of 10 years investment community experience either as a buy- or sell-side analyst or as an investment banker, ideally in the healthcare sector.
- Experience in Investor Relations, either in corporate, consultancy, or some corporate experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Communications or related field or MBA
- Strong knowledge of healthcare, specifically the Life Science field, finance, investment and equity markets as well as knowledge of SEC disclosure regulations (Reg. FD and Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Ability to present in front of management teams and board of directors with confidence and persuasion.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience working, building, managing a cohesive team
- Excellent organizational, verbal & written communication skills
- Computer skills a must (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Bloomberg)
- Proven track record in developing and managing relationships with Wall Street and the media will be a plus