Established in 1998, ICR is a strategic advisory and communications firm ranked 5th among all independent agencies and 2nd overall for financial services PR and IR in the U.S. ICR partners with companies to develop and execute strategic communications programs that achieve business goals, build credibility, and enhance the long-term value of the enterprise. The firm’s highly differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to clients in more than 20 industries. ICR expanded into Asia in 2006. Since then, the ICR Asia team has assisted tens of high-profile Asia-based clients to get listed in the U.S. and Hong Kong through IPO as well as the SPAC. The firm provides strategic communications services to those clients continually in the aftermarket.
The ICR Asia team is seeking a native English speaker for a VP-level position based in Beijing. At ICR, a Vice President is a mid-level role, typically for someone with 5 to 10 years of experience. We seek people with meaningful investor relations and/or capital markets experience. A VP will be expected to have strong English writing capabilities, financial analysis skills, and client services acumen. You should be able to create financial models, develop corporate powerpoint presentations, write appropriate financial press releases or other corporate communications, and be able to operate under tight time constraints often imposed by our clients. Finally, you must have the credibility and “gravitas” to effectively interact with the most senior executives of our clients, including CEOs and CFOs.
Responsibilities for Vice President:
- Create high quality corporate documents, including presentations, press releases, conference call scripts, fact sheets, etc. You must be able to distill a complex business into a clear and compelling story.
- Work under tight time constraints imposed by our clients.
- Interact effectively with senior management at our client companies, as well as sell-side analysts and buy-side investors.
- Be detail-oriented. We are the people that manage the details so that our clients can focus on their business.
- Be self-sufficient and be able to work with little support. ICR is a lean organization, and you ARE the support for the practice leader.
- While you will not have direct responsibilities to win new clients, you will assist the practice leader in marketing ICR to new clients. You must be comfortable with creating marketing materials such as pitch books and proposals, and to attend pitch meetings.
- Native language in English (candidates MUST HAVE English as their native language, or their applications will be rejected), Mandarin Chinese a plus but not required
- Proficiency in accounting and financial analysis
- Strong English writing skills with attention to details, including word choices, grammar, and syntax
- A qualified candidate should have between three and seven years of relevant investor relations and/or capital markets experience.
- You must be highly motivated, very flexible in terms of tasks assigned, work hours, etc., and must show the initiative to learn what you don’t know on your own and get the job done as and when needed.
- You will be expected to come equipped with a high level of knowledge regarding IR program execution, and then learn new skills quickly and independently as needed.
- You will work very closely with other members of the Asia team, but also be able to complete work independently with little supervision or guidance.
- Strong interest in working with Asia-based companies and ability to navigate the business culture.