PR Account Supervisor/Account Director, Healthcare Team
Westwicke, an ICR company, is a leading corporate communications firm seeking an Account Supervisor/Director to join its growing Healthcare PR team. The Account Supervisor/Director will work closely with senior management to provide critical communications and media relations support to the firm’s diverse roster of biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical technology clients. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple accounts, and be relied upon to develop and execute strategic communications plans that advance client business objectives, influence public opinion and enhance corporate reputation. On an ad-hoc basis, this individual will assist on crisis communications and special situation projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, laser-focused on strategic alignment with client’s objectives; able to quickly identify and address client issues and understands the role of media in telling a story. This individual excels in a team environment where management and junior staff work hand in hand to achieve outstanding results. The candidate must also have strong business development skills and be prepared to both initiate and move new business forward as needed.
- Play an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs
- Drive execution of communication strategy, including aggressive pitching of business, financial and trade media
- Develop or refine corporate messaging to ensure the client’s value proposition is conveyed in a clear and compelling way
- Maintain strong relationships with business, financial and trade media
- Develop client content, including bylined articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content
- Proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis
- Maintain and enhance client relationships
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and develop strategies in order to effectively promote specific campaigns
- Initiate and manage new business efforts, including playing an active role in pitches and the drafting of pitch and proposal materials
- 4-7 years of relevant agency or corporate PR experience, showing proven editorial placements in business and trade media.
- Previous experience working with life science, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and medical technology companies required.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage clients and accounts, including managing junior staff, client issues, budgets, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively pitch and anticipate client needs
- Strong writing skills and experience developing compelling pitches
- Social media savvy is a plus
- Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to synthesize information, set and execute on strategic and tactical objectives
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Creative and energetic personality
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- B.S/B.A in public relations, marketing, business communications or related field preferred