ICR is a strategic advisory and communications firm ranked 5th (according to O’Dwyer’s 2020 agency rankings). ICR currently seeks a Senior Vice President or Managing Director – Technology to pitch and win new business, oversee/manage accounts and account teams and provide superior client counsel to public and private companies in enterprise technology, software and B2B tech.
This senior role serves as a primary day-to-day client leader, develops strategic PR recommendations and programming, and drives the team’s execution of plans and campaigns to exceed client expectations. This individual is also a primary lead for pursuing and securing the significant amount of new business activity the firm enjoys. The ideal candidate is highly proactive and able to work independently while effectively managing teams and generating client confidence.
ICR is a “hands-on” environment where senior team members oversee multiple accounts and also actively execute PR strategies on behalf of clients. With the firm’s dominance in the investor relations space, it is also important for PR team members to have a solid grounding in financial communications and the ability to work closely with IR colleagues.
- Lead, manage and grow existing and new business opportunities in response to internally driven opportunities as well as pro-active independently driven new business prospects.
- Partner with IR teams to develop strategy aimed at improving cross sell penetration of IR clients.
- Provide senior level counsel to C-suite executives across a broad range of industries including enterprise technology, B2B and consumer tech, internet, e-commerce, ad tech, AI and mobile.
- Provide strategic oversight and hands-on account management.
- Develop and execute crisis communications plans.
- Assist in managing, leading and mentoring corporate communications team.
- Assist in developing long-term growth strategy for Technology PR Group.
- Proven track record developing and securing new business.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching a team in a fast-pace, evolving environment.
- Significant experience counseling public company C-suite executives.
- Strong understanding of the capital markets and public company financial communications.
- Experience in crisis and transaction communications and enterprise tech would be a plus.
- Savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented leader with good intuition for problem solving and issues management.
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 15 years corporate communications/technology PR/financial PR agency experience.