ICR is a strategic advisory and communications firm seeking an Account Supervisor or Account Director in our financial and professional services PR division.
The candidate will have the opportunity to support awareness and thought leadership campaigns for a variety of financial services, fintech, and professional services companies. This candidate will lead initiatives driving both traditional and digital PR strategies. The position has a heavy media relations strategy and execution component. Must have a proven track record in placing clients with business, financial, and industry media outlets on a regular basis.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the day-to-day manager for select financial and professional services and B2B clients, managing both strategy and execution
- Develop media strategy and lead media execution
- Work with ICR teams across assigned accounts to plan and execute on PR plans
- Coach/mentor junior staff for improvement in key skills including media relations and writing. Review their work for accuracy
- Develop and edit content (press releases, bylined articles, etc.)
- Assist in the development of short and long-term public relations plans with creative initiatives and corresponding budgets. Identify areas for growth with existing clients
- Set-up and manage measurement and reporting
- Participate with senior team leaders in client presentations and new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years public relations agency experience required
- Experience working with financial services, fintech, professional services, and B2B companies
- Must have strong media relationships. Media references may be requested.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Keen understanding of business trends and sophisticated content and how to translate them into coverage for clients
- Experience managing accounts and leading client interactions
- Works well within a team, demonstrating leadership, positive approach, coordination, communication and problem-solving abilities
- · Flexible approach; has the ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs easily