Westwicke, an ICR company, is a leading corporate communications firm seeking a Vice President to join its growing Healthcare PR team. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple accounts, and be relied upon to develop and execute strategic communications plans that advance client business objectives, influence public opinion and enhance corporate reputation to the firm’s diverse roster of biopharmaceutical, medical technology and healthcare services clients. The ideal candidate excels in a team environment where management and junior staff work hand in hand to achieve outstanding results.
- Lead multiple accounts for the roster of biopharmaceutical, medical technology and healthcare services clients
- Develop or refine corporate messaging to ensure the client’s value proposition is conveyed in a clear and compelling way
- Actively research, plan and develop strategic corporate communications programs
- Assist with new business development efforts, crisis communications and special situation projects
- Maintain strong relationships with healthcare, business, financial and trade media
- Develop client content, including bylined articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content
- Proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and develop strategies in order to effectively promote specific campaigns
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant agency or corporate PR experience
- S/B.A in Public Relations, Marketing, Business Communications or related field
- Proven healthcare media relations experience necessary
- Experience working with biopharmaceutical, medical technology and/or other healthcare sector companies required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage clients and accounts, including managing junior staff, client issues, budgets, etc.
- Previous experience in new business development, including research, creative development, and pitching client prospects is preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively pitch and anticipate client needs
- Strong writing skills and experience developing compelling pitches
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up