Public Relations Vice President – Consumer Lifestyle
Job Location: New York, NY or Norwalk, CT (preferred); Remote (optional)[SG1]
ICR, the fastest growing communications firm in the U.S. (O’Dwyers), is seeking a Vice President to join its consumer lifestyle practice, the ICR Lifestyle Lab (http://www.icrlifestylelab.com).
This role works closely with management to oversee and manage accounts and account teams, while providing superior client counsel to companies in industry sectors that include restaurants, retail, health and fitness, among others.
The ideal candidate is equal-parts creative mastermind and organizational expert, serving as a primary day-to-day client leader, developing out-of-the-box, strategic public relations recommendations and programming, and driving the team’s execution of plans and campaigns to exceed client expectations and command results. This individual will also play an integral role in pursuing and securing the significant amount of new business activity the firm and practice enjoys, is highly proactive and able to work independently while effectively managing semi-remote teams and generating client confidence. And having plenty of fun along the way.
ICR is a “hands-on” environment where senior team members oversee multiple accounts while also actively executing events, campaigns and big-picture ideas on behalf of clients. The right candidate must also be passionate about media and influencer relations and excel in a team environment where management and junior staff work together to achieve outstanding results.
- Provide senior level counsel to C-suite executives across a broad range of industries, including restaurants, retail, health and fitness and more (through a consumer lifestyle lens).
- Provide strategic oversight and hands-on account management.
- Play an active role in the development of strategic, outside-the-box consumer lifestyle communications programs for a broad range of clients that go beyond base traditional media relations and span digital, social, experiential activations and more.
- Serve as a primary, day-to-day client lead and provide strong counsel on both strategic and tactical matters, often anticipating client needs to ensure all accounts are on-target with each clients’ respective business objectives.
- Drive execution of communication strategy, including aggressive pitching of consumer, lifestyle and industry media, as needed, and working with the broader team to drive high-impact placements on a regular basis.
- Assist in managing, leading and mentoring the consumer lifestyle public relations team on a regular basis; facilitate teamwork and learning opportunities, reviewing materials, supervising reporting structures and regularly providing constructive feedback.
- · Assist in managing and growing existing and new business opportunities in response to internally driven opportunities as well as proactive, independently driven new business prospects.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant agency or consumer public relations experience, with strong working knowledge of evolving lifestyle media and pop culture landscapes.Large agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented leader with good intuition for problem solving and “big picture,” innovative thinking.
- Creative and energetic personality.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching a team in a fast-pace, evolving and sometimes remote environment.
- Serves as a positive role model and mentor to others and drives a positive, collaborative work culture.
- Experience counseling public and private company C-suite executives.
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the restaurant, retail, health and fitness industries preferred (but not required).
- B.S/B.A in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or related field preferred.
About the ICR Lifestyle Lab
The Lifestyle Lab is a group of happy agitators, passionate storytellers, media freaks and content geeks operating deep within ICR, one of the world’s most successful strategic communications consultancies. We conceive communications programs for consumer-facing companies across myriad of verticals – from restaurants, omnichannel retail and consumer packaged goods to entertainment, hospitality, travel, home, consumer technology and not-for-profit – that create connections between our clients and their targets that measurably lead to increased brand awareness, heightened reputations and longstanding loyalty. www.icrlifestylelab.com
Compensation Range: $120,000 – $140,000