ICR, a leading corporate communications firm, is seeking a Vice President, Corporate Communications to join its Real Estate, Financial and Professional Services team. The Vice President will be responsible for developing and advancing strategic corporate communications programs that advance clients’ business objectives. In addition to being responsible for managing a diverse range of real estate clients, the Vice President will also be involved in new business development and cultivating talent within the organization by serving as a mentor.
The Vice President should be passionate about the real estate industry and uniquely experienced to deliver informed strategic counsel and generate consistent crossover print, broadcast and digital media exposure. The Vice President role is a pivotal position requiring exceptional account leadership, writing, quality assurance and staff development skills. The successful candidate will appreciate ICR’s entrepreneurial culture and take advantage of the many resources and opportunities to advance their professional development while contributing to the firm’s ongoing success.
The Vice President should be committed and motivated to helping drive the rapid growth of ICR’s Real Estate practice. Being actively involved in the day-to-day activities required to advance clients’ communications objectives, specifically proactive media outreach, is of paramount importance. Previous real estate experience and/or financial services experience is required to be considered for the Vice President position.
- Develop creative story angles and consistently secure coverage in high-impact print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Play an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs
- Work with leadership and staff to recognize communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
- Write press releases, pitch letters, internal communications, media statements and business plans
- Oversee performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with current and potential clients and members of the press
- Manage several accounts with a positive and proactive attitude
- Foster an exceptional rapport with colleagues to support a harmonious work environment
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Attend relevant events and conferences to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
- 8+ years’ experience at a PR agency or real estate company
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Strong media contacts and excellent writing skills
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Social media savvy is a plus