Greenprint for Success: Benefitting Both Business and the Earth with Vijay Manthripragada, Montrose Environmental Group
By ICR | Podcast
Solving today’s huge environmental problems takes creativity and innovation, but it also requires businesses to build strong industry partnerships. Today’s guest is doing just that.
We’re sitting down with Vijay Manthripragada, President, CEO and Board Member of Montrose Environmental Group, which trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, M E G. Vijay brings significant leadership in management experience to the company. Previously, he was the CEO of PetCareRX, a high-growth e-commerce company in the pet health industry. Prior to that, Vijay was in investment banking at Goldman Sachs, and was also a director at The Advisory Board Company and a member of Johnson & Johnson’s management development program. He received his MBA from Wharton and his BS from Duke and Oxford.
We sat down to talk about Montrose’s mission to protect the environment with ground-breaking technology.
- Vijay explains Montrose’s business, and his family’s connection to environmental work (2:18)
- How Vijay went from finance to the environment (3:54)
- The market and the competition for Montrose is in (4:56)
- Montrose’s strategy with integrating with other service providers (6:59)
- Who are Montrose’s clients? (7:46)
- R & D at Montrose (8:16)
- Vijay talks about Montrose’s work in greenhouse gas mitigation (9:48)
- How politics have impacted the business (11:18)
- The Inflation Reduction Act’s new standards (12:55)
- Montrose’s financial position since going public (14:11)
- Montrose’s portfolio and what Vijay sees as holding promise in the future (15:23)
- Creating value with non-organic growth (16:35)
- Montrose’s current balance sheet (17:50)
- What Vijay hopes he could see in the industry in the next 5 years (18:29)
- Vijay’s ideal vacation (19:14)
- Vijay’s favourite musicians/music (20:43)
- What investors might miss about Montrose (22:00)
Vijay Manthripragada on LinkedIn
Montrose Environmental Group on LinkedIn
Montrose Environmental Group Website
If you have questions about the show, or have a topic in mind you’d like discussed in future episodes, email our producer, firstname.lastname@example.org.