ICR is seeking a Senior Vice President/Managing Director to help grow its Financial & Professional Services practice. This candidate will have a proven track record of high performance in servicing clients as well as building and managing a book of business.
Representative experience should include private equity/venture capital, traditional and alternative asset managers, wealth managers/RIAs, private credit/non-bank lenders, placement agents, fintech, relevant industry service providers, etc. This individual is expected to oversee and manage accounts, pitch and win new business, and provide superior client counsel. Other work may include leading or contributing to projects including, but not limited to, SPACs, IPOs, M&A and crisis management.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Public Relations, Account Management & Business Development
- Successfully execute day-to-day PR initiatives for clients without oversight.
- Interact with and advise clients on high-level business, industry, and financial topics, along with the capability to meet and interact with the C-Suite, Board and other advisors.
- Oversee multiple accounts and handle the full range of client and account issues with limited additional support.
- Develop and drive media strategies and create messaging to advance clients’ business objectives.
- Retain and grow accounts over time.
- Strong understanding of the capital markets
- Proven track record developing and securing new business
- Expected to source, pitch, win and execute new business through proactive outreach efforts and referral network.
Communication & Written Skills
- Respond immediately to short-term client/manager requests; available to manage issues in an “always on” environment for clients.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills for creating and finalizing client-ready documents (e.g. press releases, messaging, briefing materials, etc.).
- Exceptional media relations/management skills.
- Effectively manage client expectations.
- Commitment to knowledge sharing by proactively communicating best practices, learnings and positive developments with the team.
Leadership & Counsel
- Excellent mentoring and communication skills.
- Support other senior leaders/colleagues in developing the team to improve overall client servicing standards.
- Ability and judgment to advise C-Suite and Board. This person must be comfortable with leading clients autonomously